Sunday, September 20, 2009

a weekend of shows (part 1)...


GI and the Idiots @ Ten02 (pic c/o Jep Peligro, thanks brotha!)


My head's still buzzing from the incredible amount of things that happened this weekend. Prior to that I was suffering the worst case of migraine I ever had so I went to see a neurologist. The doc did not give me any meds but instead hooked up my head to an 'electrode' machine and I guess by pure luck or science, the migraine went away. Kudos, doc.

Saturday night started with Rush IxDx practice at Cubao X. We did our cover of Biofeedback's 'Nothing to Prove'. It will be recorded along with G.I.and the Idiots 'The Flag' (which is for a Twisted Red Cross tribute to be released by Middle Finger Production) sometime this October. The BFK tribute had been gathering dust for the longest time and hopefully it will be released this year or early next year.

After practice, we went to the Center for the Arts for the Rustphantom release show. Only got to see a couple of bands, though, including Demolition of False Progression. We hung out for some time, then went to the TSA homecoming show @ Ten02. Their show started late so it kinda worked out for us. The night was starting to become a blur but I think we went inside to see a band playing 'In My Eyes' by Minor Threat. Awesome.

The last bands we caught, if I rember correctly was SDK, Throw, TSA and GI and the Idiots. The Throw set was good. They did a couple of Dead Ends songs including 'Propaganda' and 'Don't Drop Your Guns'.

TSA was at their best element that night. The crowd lost it when they did 'Hard Times' by the Cro-Mags. The sht was hard as hell. They played a releatively short set but it was f'n memorable. Great guys, great band.

The last band of the night was a make-shift line-up of GI and the Idiots featuring 1/2 TSA, Jun Idiot and Benjie of the original GI. Didn't matter though because the legend that is GI still remains. They played most of their stuff from 'Fascinating World of Garbage' and the crowd went ape-shit. I don't think I've ever seen anyone deliver his or her vocals as intensely as Jun idiot does. It looks like his eyes were going to pop out of his head. Fck yeah...

Soundtrack: GI and the Idiots 'Fascinating World of Garbage', TSA, Dead Kennedys 'Bedtime for Democracy'

No comments: