Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Life. Love.Regret.



Unbroken is one of my favorite bands of all time. "Life. Love. Regret." is one of the definitive and vital hardcore records so I was pretty psyched to have it finally tattooed on me.

I went to Lucena City riding on a 4 AM bus so that Odeng from Rush IxDx/Kaktus Karuka/ex-Chokecocoi can finally put this ink on me. I think she did a great job so if anyone wants to have some ink done, you should definitely hook up with her. Good stuff.

Rush IxDx played at the Earth Decay show at San Pablo which to my surprise turned out to be a voter registration campaign complete with media coverage and stuff. Nothing against to those who want to exercise their right to vote, I was just surprised and I guess so were the other kids. Freedom to vote is the choice of anyone so I respect those who would. I also saw some footage of the show at a local TV station tonight.

Also saw some great bands tonight like Aunt Audrey. Too bad some bands who travelled from as far as Bulacan and Batangas were not able to play because of some confusion in the line-up.

The day after I managed to go to the 'Alarme' show at Manila. Saw a couple of good bands like TALK SICK, SHIRLEY STEINBERG (surprise of the night, Ebullition-styled screamo!) and CAITLYN BAILEY from Davao City. Great set and great night for the Asterisk Collective.

Got some shows coming this week including a Halloween show by the MAIM Collective this Friday. Come, check it out.


Good stuff: Celtics beating Cleveland at their home floor on opening night. Sheed was great. Gardo 'Demo', Integrity 'Wapulgirshscnacht', Killing Time 'Brightside'

No comments: