Saturday, November 13, 2010

Review: Shirley Steinberg ‘Demo’ CD-R



This is the first recorded material of Malolos-based Shirley Steinberg. They got a cool name which according to an interview was taken from a list of dead women. This demo contains four tracks of Ebullition-styled hardcore. If you’re into bands like Orchid or Reversal of Man, you’ll definitely dig this. They have the long titles, gut screaming, complex riffs but the recording doesn’t do them justice. It’s decent but if you’re going to record this style, it’s better if you have really good recording in order for the sound to really come out. No cover provided but there is a lyric sheet insert. Vague lyrics too ‘I’ve spent a night smoking this shit. Oh you’re so ugly before. And now everything is beautiful’. I’m seeing good things for this band. No contact info provided.I can't upload the pic of the demo in my phone so I got this from their site instead. http://www.myspace.com/shirleysteinbergbulacan

No comments: