Monday, July 7, 2008

Tuesday at 2:17 PM


Hey everyone. It's been a hectic two weeks with Magrudergrind from DC and Crux from Australia visiting our shores. It's a Tuesday and I' getting sleepy at work so I figured I'll just post some random thoughts.

Next Tuesday will be the kick-off show for the Driven Fear (Australia) tour in the Philippines. The first show will be held at Dayo Bar, Quezon City. You can check out the flyer upstairs.

Unfortunately I just received word that some bands will not be able to play that show like Chokecocoi (to be replaced by Laguna's MIHARA), Sauna and Isvarah (who will be replaced by TOWARDS THE END from San Pablo). Anyway, the show should be really fun so come out and show your support. Give me some moshin'.



We went to the opening of the UAAP season at Araneta Center last Saturday. UST faced off against UE (always the perennial powerhouse, never the champion..hehe). Cruz had 26 points and 22 boards despite playing with a hamstring and ankle injury. UE led most of the way but the Tigers rallied. Missed free throws and other opportunities kept UST at bay and UE finally won. Next time, they won't be so lucky.

Afterwards, we ate at Greens' Resto in QC. We tried their embutido. Tsates pretty good actually. Kinda bland in some parts though. Can't go wrong with Sisig though. I bought some of it during the Crux tour and the band loved it, especially when i told them that the original version of the Tofu Sisig was it was taken from a pig's face. Good times.


Show your Wu-Tang Love! Classic Wu-Tang 'Asphalt Militia' shirt.


Here is an older Wu-Tang shirt that I always wore back in the day. Funny story. I was wearing this shirt in one of the shows that Dance of Decline/Feud was supposed to be playing along with some white Osiris shoes. Some dude was shouting "Bawal Hip-hop dito!" (No hip-hop allowed here!) and other shit to which I thought he was shouting at someone else. When I realized it was me who he was talking too, I found it funny and laughed. He got irked and tried to confront me. Fortunately for me, my reflexes was faster and I was able to dodge his punch. I hit him with a hard counterpunch. and another till he was already on the ground. Some guys with him wanted a piece of me but Darwin Collier and the rest of the T4 crew had my back. another guy tried to cheap shot me but he went down with a bloody nose. Haha. Those were the days.

No comments: