Thursday, October 2, 2008

Manila Destructo Holocaust!



What we have here is a Kill Ratio "Manila Destructo Holocaust" shirt. I got this from Z when it was delivered to him somewhere in Manila. If you haven't heard, Kill Ratio is one of the finest d-beat bands we have right now. They're part of an upcoming 4-way split with Eskapo, Istukas Over Disneyland and La Grita entitled 'Deadly Rhythms from the Production Line. Check them out at some shows this October including the Oct. 29 leg of the My Disco Tour.



Fine meal we got here. At the lower center portion is a tomato-based dish with some tofu, ground vegie meat, lentils, shitake mushrooms, etc., Kind of like a Vegie "Sarsiado", you know the one your mom used to make. At the top right is Vegie Chicharon, made of Tau Pau or tofu skin. Very crunchy and chicharon-like. At the top left is Vegie Pochero, complete with the bananas and stuff. Power meal on very rainy Wednesday afternoon.

I'll be at the DEFILED/HYDROPHOBIA show tomorrow with some friends. See you there!

Good Stuff: Red Sox beating LA in Game 1 of the ALDS; Snapcase 'Steps'; Second Age 'The Tides Have Turned'; Battery 'Discography'; Burn 'Cleanse'; Ceremony 'Still Nothing Moves You'; Michael Moore 'Dude Where's My Country?' (book version); Prisonbreak Season 4 (I thought this fourth season would suck but I was wrong! Dead wrong!) CSI:NY Season 4.

Bad Stuff: Wipers not working; Dirty Streets; very wet weather (I've always loved the rainy season but the FLOOD ruins it for me).

No comments: