Saturday, October 18, 2008

More Vegies! Coffee!



Recently ate at Latazzia Fusion last week. Took some pics another food review. Up first is Lumpiang Shanghai. Wrapped ground gluten and then deep fried. Nice. Perfect with the right amount of catsup. Up next is fried tapa (beef to you foreigners). Moderately good. But tastes good when you put some vinegar with chili. Needs to be fried more. I recently learned that the people behind Latazia Fusion make their own gluten. How cool is that? Can you spell DIY? Last but no the least is their BBQ. I must say that this is the vegie BBQ with the most 'Pinoy' flavor in it. Really cool if you miss your friendly neighborhood BBQ.

Now some coffee review. Me and some buddies recently went to Gonuts Donuts to try some coffee. They had a promo with one Cafe Americano and one donut for about Php 57.00. Pretty reasonable. But I think the guy who made the coffee put way too much water in my cup so it tastes kinda bland. But with the right amount of sugar and creamer, the tastes kinda creeps back. Will try again for future reference.
Who says vegetarians/vegans can't eat street food? I was recently at the Atrium Building in Makati and they had this small bazaar/food stores at the ground floor. I was starving so I went to check it out. I found out that they serve plain fried noodles for Php 20.00 a cup wherein you can put your choice of sauce (chili, sweet, spicy, teriyaki, etc.). I put way too much chili in mine. I think it's called noodle place or something. Beside that stall is another one called 'Pupung' I think or some character based on that comic strip. Anyway, I found out they had this nice Indian Vegie Samosa made from potatoes and curry. And anything with curry is pretty nice in my book. Awesome quick meal to say the least.

If you have any recommendations on where to find good vegie/vegan food/coffee, hit this blog up.

Currently listening: Bad Brains 'ROIR', Soul Control 'Involution'

No comments: