Monday, February 23, 2009

Review: Staid - Demo CD-R


STAID – DEMO 09


We got here a brand new straightedge hardcore band courtesy of people from T4 and Major Malfunction. It features Ray of Feud on vocals so it might sound a bit familiar to you. I’ve been in a band with Ray for a loonngg time but I haven’t appreciated his stage presence as a frontman as much as the first time I watched Staid played on Sunday. Probably because this is the first time I saw him sing without me and the rest of Feud backing him up. Hehe. This band also features Easy from Half the Battle, Tweety of Chokecocoi and Led of Major Malfunction fame.
Anyway, they recorded this four-song demo to coincide with their debut weekend. It starts off with a feedback laden open riff, then the basslines kick and then all hell breaks lose. Fast paced hardcore with some very angry breakdowns. To state that they sound a bit like Verse would be a good starting point. Got some cool sing-along parts too. The lyrics are nothing less than thought provoking. Check this out: “Look nowhere if you want to rebel against something, here inside our head alone, things are rather interesting”, “With my words, I can sell you everything, Make you buy important things that don’t really matter. Like spinning lies to soundful truth, murder respectable, I can make you think like everyone else”. Cool eh? Check these guys out. I see great thing to come from this band. www.myspace.com/xstaidx, xstaidx@yahoo.com

No comments: