Saturday, May 23, 2009

Dr. Tam's Vegan Haus

Menudo, the way your lola cooks it, if you remember. A friend and I were talking earlier about the menudo our respective lolas cooked. Youknow what I mean, oil-soaked with the fat getting it on with the potatoes and sht. I couldn't imagine that it can be replicated on a vegan dish but to my surprise, the crew of Dr. Tam's did and it was awesome.

Mushroom sisig, different from the usual tofu sisig we get.

Potato curry. the lack of vegie meat made this one an almost exclusive potato curry. The potatoes are too soft even for me. Due to constant reheating maybe?




I was told about a vegan resto existing somewhere in Pasig City but never really got the chance to check it out. A leak told me that it had established a branch in Tiendesitas in Pasig so I went there and tried it once and for all.
I was expecting the food to be pricey and bland because of the presentation but to my surprise it tasted quite good and a fairly regular price. Php 50 for a viand. And they got big rice servings too. Highly recommended.
Bad stuff: Celtics losing game 7 to Orlando. I hate the playoffs now. Denver will beat L.A. Haha. Lebron just hit a game-winning 3 yesterday with no time left.
Currently listening to: Unbroken 'Life, Love, Regret' (I'm planning on having these tattoed on my left leg this month, yeah...), Die My Will 'Discography', Manliftingbanner 'everything'
ps. why the fck is it so hot this week?! shouldn't it be rainy season already?? what the hell??


No comments: