Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Magrudergrind!!!

Hey everyone. I know I haven't been updating this thing as much as I need to. But hey, things sometimes just doesn't go your way. I still don't have internet connection at home so I'm just doing this thing at work. I always forget my data cable in order for me to retrieve my files from my phone (where the pics are at) to my computer and on to this blog. I'll definitely do that tomorrow. If not, then, oh well...

Lots of things have happened in the past week. The Celtics are 17-time World Champions (Lakers? - hehehe) with a masterful thrashing of that other team from the West Coast; Typhoon Frank ravaged the Metro and some provinces in the weekend leaving many to doubt whether the Magrudergrind show will push through on Monday. Not leaving the fact that there were earlier confusions on whether it will be on the 23rd or 24th. So we just kept our hopes up...

Monday morning. My car was soaking wet from the terrible Sampaloc flood but I need to be in the office early as I have some deadlines to comply with. Good thing the sun is starting to shine and people involved with the show are showing some enthusiasm. After leaving the office at 5:30 PM, I headed to Green's Resto for an early dinner knowing full well the very long night that lies ahead.

The venue started to pack around 8:00 PM. Bystorm played first that night since me, Led and Danj will still have to go to the airport to pick up Magrudergrind. We played a tight and short set. Some bands were still not in the venue. Good thing T4 people were already in the venue so Isvarah played next. Two songs in their set we decided to leave for the airport.

We got a cab with a schizophrenic driver who keeps talking to himself. Yes, he was shouting at himself. Funny shit all over. We got to the airport on time and Magrudergrind got a little bit delayed because of some problems with the unloading of the luggage. After fixing some shit up, we got a van and headed to the venue. At this time, some people were having doubts on whether MG will still be able to play. No problem. After 30 minutes from the airport. Magrudergrind was here!!! We were able to catch a little bit of YxFxCx delighting the crowd with their insance Cavite thrash. A surprise act is always good. Can you say What Happens Next?

Magrudergrind came up next to close the show and these guys were fuckin awesome. They were in three countries in a couple of hours, clearly lacking in sleep but proceeded to deliver some of the most insane sets I have seen in my life. The crowd went nuts. Circle pits, crazy dancing, stage diving without the stage. It was awesome. One of the best nights I've had. Thanks to everyone who went to the show and gave their support. The scene needs more people like you. Especially to those who patiently waited for Magrudergrind to arrive. To thos who were not patient tnough, thanks also but try to watch them this week!

After saying our goodbyes, we went home, happy of course but looking forward to their upcoming shows in the week: the 25th in Lucena City, the 26th at Batangas City and the 27th at Bulacan, if you missed them last Monday, you still have three chances to watch MG! More circle pits!!!

Great stuff: MAGRUDERGRIND! That 70's show Season 7, Boston legal Season 3, Blacklisted - everything

Bad stuff; headaches

No comments: