Friday, December 4, 2009

INCIDENTAL AFTERTHOUGHT zine Issue no. 9 Review




I thought this zine has already died since I did not encounter a new issue for some time already. I saw Joseph (the editor) last week at an NCI event so I asked him about it and turns out he has a copy of the latest issue. I bought it and here I am reviewing it right now. The thing I enjoy most about this zine is Joseph’s endless rhetoric about his life and everything that revolves around in it, from soundtracks to shitty people, public commute and everything in between. This issue does not disappoint since there’s a healthy dose of personal input from the editor including his devotion to Dunkin Donuts coffee and a whole bunch of other stuff.

This time he’s got interviews with local stoner/doom outfit Eyes of Fire, Makati’s Santelmo (not to be confused with the band from Davao), Unearthly Trance (boring interview), Rwake (Arkansas) (another boring one), Kaktus Karuka (now you’re talking!), who rose from the ashes of Chokecocoi to deliver in your face thrashin mayhem! Pick up their demo CD-R if you can. Awesome shit. There’s also an interview with F-Grave, D-Beat, party monsters Guerra Mundial. Average interviews but as I said earlier, the thing I love about this band is the write-ups from the editor. Kinda like how I love Rallye’s Scrawlshop zine. (incidentalafterthought@yahoo.com)


Currently listening to: Abraxis “s/t”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

had a quick question, I was wondering if you could upload that Abraxas- s/t album you said in one post you were currently listening to. I ordered it and it never showed up and was trying to find the album online to hold me over until I order a copy from Andy (Abraxis.) I have their original demo which I can trade you a link for the s/t album to make it fair.

Also, I checked out Krupskaya from your mentionings on this blog...band is fucking BRILLIANT. would love to see them in the United States sometime.

PS- awesome Minor Threat shirt!

Anonymous said...

hey, i'll try to upload the abraxas s/t later. thanks for checkin out the blog!

Anonymous said...

thanks so much. that would be so much appreciated. i ordered it months ago and never got it, i am pretty upset about it but still really interested in hearing it. I hope it is as good as the demo.

thanks so much in advance man, ill check back sometime tomorrow to see if its here. THANKS!