Monday, January 18, 2010

First Blood weekend...



So here I am at the City of Pines just hanging out. I stumbled upon a couple of videos of the First Blood show at Ten02 when I realized I made a promise that I'll update this blog.

Saturday. I went to Led's house with O and met with Dha to prepare food for the FB guys whom Bryan and Jay from DFP picked up at the airport. Penne pomodoro was the dish which the girls prepared. We were supposed to practice with Rush IxDx but the studio schedule wasn't at par with ours so we weren't able to do so.

Rob from FB boasted that he got a Ray Allen jersey for a very cheap price at HK and I told him that he could get it here cheaper. He immediately forced the FB guys to go with us to Greenhills to relax and do some shopping. So, me and Led dropped them off at Greenhills and I went to Libis to pick up O and Cris together with the Blockshot peeps. They are supposed to play an early slot at the Pisschrist Cuerdas show so we obliged and brought them early at Cuerdas.

The usual hassles of the show began and people ere stressing out and because of the lack of time, BLOCKSHOT opened the the show! They played amazing indie-pop flavored music and were awesome. The crowd was getting thicker by the moment. It was a shame they were in a hurry and we weren't able to watch them nor hang out more.

I think SISTER BASTARD played a short set and then GUERRA MUNDIAL played next bringing the party vibe back to Cuerdas. These guys are getting better as the days go by. After Z and the Pisschrist guys came, RUSH IxDx went off to a hurried set and I think we did a good job, no practice and all!

After our set, we needed to hurry up because we have to bring the FB guys to Led's house to finally get some rest. I heard the Pisschrist set was awesome that night...

Sunday morning. Woke up early to fix a lot of stuff for the FB show, the amps from Positivity studios, to the logistics of the band, financial matters, tickets and stuff. When we arrived at the venue, there were a couple of familiar faces at the venue who definitely helped us out, making things a bit easier.

TAME THE TIKBALANG actually opened the show with their wicked fast, grooving hardcore songs. It was a bummer they did not play 'Sailin On' by the Bad Brains. Definitely next time. Up next was, in most probability CURSE/GIFT's last show. It's a shame they have to break up early. I'm lucky I managed to catch a couple of their shows. They also recorded their songs before Carlo moves to Canada (Good luck bro!). Would love to hear the songs soon.

DIVIDED WE FALL as up next and played an awesome set which they ended with a 7 Seconds cover. Have these guys recorded their songs yet? I think ISVARAH went up next and opened their set with the intro from 'Incarnate 365'. Holy f'n shit. Glad to see these guys back again. BYSTORM was up next and we played some older material. We didn't play any new songs because of failure to practice once again. Fck the bass guitar for f'n up during our set. Anyway, I really enjoyed our set and apparently, so did the crowd.

STAID was up next with Rashid from TALKSICK filling in on bass for Easy. I lost air during their set because of the non-stop dancing. I gotta exercise these lungs. After their set, the next couple of bands were a blur to me as we also brought the FB guys for some much needed lunch at Green's. Quotable quote from Anthony of FB "(tasting the sisig) these has got to be the best vegan meal I've tasted my entire life. Fck this tour. I'm staying."

The next set I was able to catch was DEMOLITION OF FALSE PROGRESSION. Another underrated band, better watch out for these guys as they're about to explode. Speaking of which, they have an upcoming release show next Saturday at Center for the Arts. Be there.

The next two bands brought chaos to Ten02. ALCATRAZ and FIRST BLOOD literally brought the house down, including some lights, chairs, etc. I think everyone who was inside the venue lost about 10 pounds just by standing at the venue. F'n blood, sweat and tears! FB even covered one of my fave songs from Sick of it All 'Just Look Around'. I get goosebumps just from thinking about it.

I can't even describe it better than that and everyone present at the show would know what I mean. Thanks to everyone who showed up and helped out, one way or another. See you soon. I gotta get back to work...

Good stuff: Bodhi at Baguio City, Zola Cafe, First Blood 'Killafornia', Sick of it All 'Just Look Around'

Bad stuff: missing out on the Toxic Orgasm/Vampire State tour :(

No comments: